12 October 2008

Food of the gods

So, I have a god living in my house. This was not something I planned. It's not like I invited the guy! But, I've read the old stories. I know that, when a god appears on your doorstep, it pays to be hospitable. So I was. I was on my best behavior, did him reverence, and served a home-cooked meal. For those of you who know me, and know that my cooking skills run to breakfast foods and not much else, you know I really extended myself there.

I think I was too good a hostess. I mean, the guy is still here! I'm not saying it's not handy to have a god in residence. He's very good with weather, for instance. But, he is now asking for nectar and ambrosia! Help!! Anybody out there have a recipe for either? I need to be careful -- too much soma in the mix, and I'll have a drunken, ecstatic god on my hands. Yikes!! Please send this on to anyone who may have a clue, and please, get back to me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment